Sam Raan Spa & Wellness Centre is a luxury!
Sam Raan is a luxurious Spa & Wellness Centre, where you can enjoy an exceptional variety of spa therapies, swimming pool and fitness center, that is equipped with many different kinds of exercising equipment.
This is written on the website of Sam Raan: “We invite you to our urban oasis, where mind, body and spirit can be restored, refreshed and revitalized. Step into our world of spa, we’ll make you feel radiant, irresistible, rejuvenated and discover the secret to looking younger. ”
In the wellness centre you can enjoy endless varieties of services, such as Thai traditional massage, Himalayan salt room, Dead sea ﬂoatation, Asian herbal bath, Ayurveda, and stuff like that. In addition, there is a great fitness room, where there are professional fitness instructors who will guide you personally through your workouts.
So, finding Sam Raan Spa & Wellness Centre is not very easy. Indeed, many people can’t find it and they call the staff, asking the directions and stuff. Well, I found it pretty easily comparing to them. It’s just that there is a large building, where on one side there is the spa and on the other side it is another thing, I guess it’s an office or something. So, just remember that you have to enter on the left side, not on the right side!
When entering, there are great staff members meeting you and sending you where to go next. If you have a bag it gets checked just like at the airports and then you’re free to go inside! Going inside, you’ll find yourself in a whole different place. It is luxury! The staff welcomes with smile and, if it is your first time there, firstly they show you around and explain everything to you and then you can change into your bathing suit in the ladies’ changing room, where there are individual lockers with a locking system. There are personal hygiene things such as toothbrush, toothpaste, scrub, comb, etc. inside each locker with flip flops, a robe, hangings for clothes and things like that, so that, it comes with a whole package!
There are two sections there: one is for massages and the other one is spa.
Sam Raan Spa & Wellness centre offers its customers different types of massages:
- Ayurveda: this is an oil massage and is a ritual that gives your body a feeling of deep relaxation, balancing emotions. Oil is poured over your forehead. There are different types of massages combined together to form a full session of Ayurveda massage and this everything gives your body a full relaxation, encouraging blood flow throughout the body, easing chronic pains, etc.
- Tandem Massage: this is a massage that is done by two therapists, hence it's also called "four hand massage". Usually a client can request some areas to be massaged especially.
- Herbal Ball Massage: this is a massage, which uses different types of herbs and takes different amounts of time _ this depends on what type of herbs are used in a session. There are mental benefits from this massage, which include the relief of stress, anxiety, and fatigue, also, client feels deep relaxation afterwards. The massage is also good for upper respiratory tract and is good for asthma, bronchitis and influenza.
- Hotstone Massage: hot stones are placed on your back on key energy points. Their warmth enables muscles to relax and, hence, the therapist can access to the deep muscles. The hot stones have sedative effect and also it causes blood vessels to be widened and so that the blood flow is encouraged. At the same time, oils are massaged deeply into the body.
- Detoxifying Anti-cellulite Phyto-aromatic Massage: the massage can be either a full-body massage or a massage targeted at a special area of body. This is designed to reduce cellulite and help body detox by regulating blood circulation and lymph drainage. It improves appearance and health of your skin and makes it smoother.
- Aroma Massage: this uses essential oils to massage your body and help it be refreshed. During the massage essential oils are usually mixed with a carrier oil like sweet almond, apricot kernel, and grape seed oil. You can enjoy deep relaxation and aromas.
- Thai Traditional Massage: this massage has been practiced and taught in Thailand for over 2500 years, for generations. It combines acupressure and stretching techniques and the therapist uses his/her fingers, thumbs, elbows, arms and feet, which alleviates problematic conditions including a lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and stress-related conditions. This is not just a physical, but it is to create harmony in the whole body, mind and spirit. The massage is also called "Nuad Boran".
- Ashiatsu: during this massage the therapist walks on your back and uses things to balance himself on your back and apply different pressure in different places. "Ashi" means "foot" and "atsu" means "pressure". People love this massage and call it heaven!
- Swedish Massage: this massage was developed in 1812 and generally is the foundation of all Western massages. During the massage sweet almond oil is used. There are 5 classic strokes - gliding, kneading, friction, vibration and percussion movements. It relieves stress, energizes your body and relieves pain. The main goal is to make your entire body relax.
- Qigong Massage: according to Daoist, Buddhist and Confucian philosophy, this massage "awakens one's "true nature", and helps develop human potential. "
- Foot Massage: this is a massage on feet. There are special spots on everybody's feet, that are responsible for different organs in your body and massaging those spots makes those organs work better. It eliminates backache, toe massage has a positive effect on the eyes, ears, teeth and sinuses.
There are body care services, such as Milk Bath “Cleopatra” (milk is good for your hair and skin, it gives you vitamin E and nourishes your body), Herbal Bath (herbs improve your body and help maintain your natural well-being), European Traditional Wrapping (you are wrapped in a detoxifying blend _ clay or something like that _ and while laying like that pressure point facial massage and de-stress scalp treatment is applied to you. This therapy helps reduce the appearance of cellulite and relieve the discomfort of fluid retention), Wine Therapy “Saperavi” (Saperavi vine will grant you peace and feel beautiful and de-stressed)and face care (professionals diagnose your skin and choose the right techniques for your face treatment and they will give you advices on how you should take care of your facial skin at home).
You can even enjoy hydrotherapy. There are services:
- Oriental Bath - Hammam: Hammam has a deep purifying and detoxifying effect and it calms the nervous system. It is recommended as a treatment for stress-related conditions and depressions. This is a great thing if you want to relax, have a different types of massage and scrub and things like that and at the same time hang out with friends or even business partners and discuss different things. This is for people who don't like saunas and hot places like that.
- Adventure Shower: there are three functions in this shower and each one lasts for about 30 seconds, I guess. The first one is shower from sides and you hear birds chirping and stuff like that, it's really exciting. Another option is "Tropical rain" and a cold water is poured on you and this is just crazy! And another one is something like a deep fog and that is cool too. So that's really an adventure if you go there in the Adventure Shower!
- Traditional Finnish Sauna: this finnish sauna is very comfortable, and also it improves metabolism, calms nerves, invigorates your body and makes your skin silky and elastic
- Kneipp Therapy: The principle of this therapy is based on alternating hot and cold showers, rinses, baths, and compresses. There are different ponds, where there are hot and cold water in each pond. First you start with hot water, you just step in it. There are some stones beneath you to massage your feet. Then you step into another pond and there is a really cold water there, and so on and so forth. The idea is that the hot water widens the arteries in your foot leading to a better blood circulation.
- Floatation: I’m sure everyone’s heard of floatation in The Dead Sea because of a high concentration of salt in there. There’s a bath filled with water and natural salt there in Sam Raan, where you can just float and relax. The process is called floatation, hence. Floatation therapy simulates zero gravity and when there’s no gravity upon you, that makes some changes in the brain, on the cell mechanisms, in particular. Endorphins are released and it makes you happy and pleased. That is a really cool place. The environment around is all deep blue and you feel relaxed and in some other dimension. There are many small lights on the ceiling, and they change colours into blue, green, yellow, pink… that place is really nice. There’s a shower there in the corner too and you take shower when entering and after coming out of the pool. And there’s a curtain in the entrance and when it’s open anyone can go inside, but when a person goes inside, they close the curtain, so that people outside know that someone is in there and they won’t bother you. It’s recommended to float in the pool for about 15 minutes.
- Bucket Shower: The bucket shower is a very cold water pouring out of the bucket. Well, mainly it’s used by men after being in sauna. That is crazy. It’s like an icy water pouring down on you. But it’s good for the body, it helps regulate the metabolism and opts to burn calories. It also helps improve your immune system and energize your muscles and the whole body.
- Steam Room: Steam room has many health benefits. It regulates blood circulation, detoxifies the body, leaves the skin feeling soft, clean and silky smooth. It also promotes good sleep. It’s recommended to be there for about 10-15 minutes, as many people can’t really stand the heat and leave the room in 5 or 10 minutes. Well, in some time it gets really uncomfortable, if you want to know the truth, but the feeling afterwards is great.
There are also relaxation places: Thermal Beds and Salt Room.
Thermal beds are very warm, maybe even hot, when you get on them. They are very relaxing and you can enjoy your relaxation after all those spa therapies. They are very comfortable and good for your back. Thermal bed’s surface conforms to your body’s natural contours, promotes Chi, or Qi flow, which is a Chinese word that means the life force. There are fruits and different types of juice in front of the beds. The juice is sugar-free and natural. The ones I tasted were made from orange or cucumber or lemon and they tasted really good. Especially the orange one. You could tell that was freshly made just seconds ago with real oranges.
Himalayan salt room has a design that mimics salt caves, there are beds there on which you can relax and just breathe the salty air while imagining yourself on a beach. You can even put your headphones on and listen to music or whatever. Salt room therapy has long been considered as improving your health. Salt can help skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis and many respiratory diseases, such as colds, allergies, asthma and bronchitis. It’s recommended to be in the salt room for about 20 minutes. And, hence, one session lasts 20 minutes.
Content available in other languages
- Español: El centro Sam Raan Spa & Wellness es un lujo!
- Polski: Spa Sam Raan & centrum odnowy biologicznej to luksus!
- Français: Le spa et centre de bien-être de Sam Raan : un luxe !
- Italiano: Sam Raan Spa & Wellness Centre è un lusso!
- Deutsch: Sam Raan Spa & Wellness Centre ist ein Luxus!
- Português: Sam Raan Spa & Centro de Bem-Estar é um luxo!