Quinoa and mango salad
Today I'm doing a salad dressed in vinegar and chia seeds. I hope you like it.
Defrosted green beans. (Source)
- 200 grams of quinoa.
- 400 millilitres of water to cook the quinoa in.
- 150 grams of frozen green beans (you can use them as they are or defrost them first).
- 125 grams of rocket.
- One peeled and sliced mango.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds.
- Three tablespoons of olive oil.
- One squeezed lemon.
- Salt and pepper, however much you like.
Mango, one of the ingredients in the recipe, to be sliced of course. (Source)
1. As always, wash the quinoa with water by hand a few times, making sure to change the water, until there's no more residue left. When the quinoa is prepared, put it into boiling water with a little bit of salt and pepper, and after five minutes of boiling, add in the green beans. Leave it to cook for ten more minutes.
Quinoa in water, in the process of being cleaned
2. Once the quinoa and the green beans are cooked, leave them to cool and mix it with the rocket and the mango.
Fresh rocket. (Source)
3. Continue to mix by adding the lemon juice and a little salt with three tablespoons of oil, and add the chia seeds. Mix everything together to integrate the different flavours and... it's ready to eat!
Content available in other languages
- Español: Ensalada de quinoa y mango
Want to have your own Erasmus blog?
If you are experiencing living abroad, you're an avid traveller or want to promote the city where you live... create your own blog and share your adventures!I want to create my Erasmus blog! →