Bachelor of Business Administration
American University in Dubai (AUD)
- Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Type of Degree BBA
- Start Date No info
- Duration No info
- Application Deadline No info
- Language English
- Attendance On Campus
- Dedication Full-time
- Pace Instructor-paced
- Tuition fees No info
The Bachelor of Business Administration. (B. B. A. ) program at AUD provides students with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to become effective and responsible managers and leaders in today’s global economy. The program prepares graduates for a wide range of careers in business-related fields and on to further graduate studies.
The Bachelor of Business Administration. (B. B. A. ) program offers the following majors:
- Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications
Upon completion of the degree program, students will have acquired:
- A well-rounded foundation in the functional disciplines of business and related areas
- An ability to integrate the different functional areas of business
- Effectiveness in the use of oral, written and technology-supported communication skills
- Proficiency in the business applications of information technology
- A global outlook and an appreciation of the international dimensions of business
- An awareness of ethical issues and the importance of ethical conduct in business practices
- A broad and deep understanding of their major discipline
The Bachelor of Business Administration (B. B. A. ) at AUD is a 123 credit-hour, four year program.
The curriculum focuses on the foundations of business principles such as financial accounting, economics, business law and entrepreneurship before moving into one of five majors, depending on the area of interest.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (B. B. A. ) is split into the following majors:
Preparing students for the exciting and challenging fields of accounting, the curricula is structured to cover core subjects such as Cost Accounting and Auditing, to elective pathways from Fraud Accounting and Forensic Accounting to Business Law.
Covering core subjects from Managerial Economics to Macroeconomics, students can then elect for more specialized subjects including Public Finance, Risk and Insurance, and Oil and Energy Economics.
The finance major covers all aspects of Corporate Finance, Financial Modelling and Investment and Portfolio Management, with electives in Money and Banking Commercial Banking and International Economics to name a few.
Providing students with a solid understanding of the marketing mix, core and elective subjects range from Sales Management and Consumer Behavior to Retail Management and E-marketing. This major should be considered for students who possess good communication skills, value logic and creativity, and may be entrepreneurial in nature.
Providing students with a solid understanding of both quantitative aspects of Management such as Operations Management and Decision Making as well as qualitative aspects including Leadership, Change and Innovation, and Organizational Behavior. Graduates of the Management Program are the managers of the future, ready to climb the corporate ladder.
Advertising and Integrated Marketing Communications
Unlike traditional advertising, this major is ideally suited to students with an interest in communications with a focus on comprehensive brand development from creative execution of messages, data-driven communication analysis and sales promotion, to public relations, event sponsorship and effective media management.
AUD’s School of Business Administration provides its students with the following facilities:
- 11 regular classrooms, three computer labs, four theater style classrooms, student lounge, conference room and stock trading room
- Regular classrooms vary in size and can accommodate anything from 20 to 44 students
- The AUD/IBM Center of Excellence for Smarter Logistics (CESL) can be set as a board room, a venue for concurrent break-out sessions, a class-room conducive for group discussions or formal lectures
- Stock trading room has trading terminals and large screens for students to simulate stock trading
- All classrooms and computer labs are equipped with Instructor PC (HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF) connected to a ceiling-mounted projector and audio speakers
All applying students must have:
- A high school/secondary school certificate or equivalent from an institution accredited by the Ministry of Education in the U. A. E. or by the relevant national or regional institutional accrediting body
- International TOEFL®or Academic IELTSTM or the equivalent score on another internationally-recognized English exam. PBT is accepted from specific centers in the UAE
- The University administers the ACCUPLACERTMExam (Math) to place students at the appropriate mathematics level. Students may substitute the SAT for this, depending on the score